REQUEST FOR APPLICATIONS
HIV community-led monitoring (CLM) is an accountability mechanism for HIV responses at different levels, led and implemented by local community-led organizations of people living with HIV, networks of key populations, other affected groups or other community entities. CLM uses a structured platform and rigorously trained peer monitors to systematically and routinely collect and analyse qualitative and quantitative data on HIV service delivery—including data from people in community settings who might not be accessing health care—and to establish rapid feedback loops with programme managers and health decision-makers.
CLM data builds evidence on what works well, what is not working and what needs to be improved, with suggestions for targeted action to improve outcomes. Through the CLM process, community-led organizations and key population groups increase their technical capacity to gather, analyse, secure, use and own data. The data collected complement local and national monitoring and provide key information to fill critical gaps in the decision-making process that leads to evidence-informed action to improve services. CLM provides a platform from which to strengthen relationships with other partners in the HIV and AIDS response around a shared understanding and response to service enablers and barriers.
GWL-INA is a national network in Indonesia for Gay Men, other Men who have Sex with Men and Transgender Women (Waria), in short GMT. GWL-INA is an independent network that supports Sexual and Reproductive Health and Rights (especially STI & HIV AIDS prevention and treatment) programs in national and international levels, with priorities in community based empowerment and advocacy. Through UNAIDS with the support of DFAT funding In 2021, GWL-INA will hire consultant to develop a strategy related to the implementation of CLM in the field that will involve the GWL community in Indonesia with consultant.
This consultancy is called for an experience consultant to provide improvement of existing Community Lead Monitoring (CLM) strategy related to health right services and program specific on GMT issues. The consultant should compare with other CLM strategies, and he/she will be hired to develop the strategy concept. CLM strategy will capture GMT perspective and will used to monitoring programs by GMT community or stakeholder related of GMT health right issues like healthcare provider. The Strategy will adapt by Indonesia context to help community to increase their technical capacity to gather, analyse, secure, use and own data. CLM can be used to monitor trends of service quality within other disease areas (such as tuberculosis and sexual and reproductive health), humanitarian situations, challenging environments, and for social and structural health interventions, including combination prevention and human rights compliance, promotion and protection.
This consultancy opportunity includes two primary objectives, each with several contributing sub-objectives.
1. Design a CLM strategy concept for GMT community
2. Design a CLM technical strategy to monitor trends of service quality, gather, analyse, secure, use and own data for advocacy needs
Scope of Work and Tasks:
1. Review of existing CLM strategy concept materials amongst key population that have been conducted in Indonesia
The review processes is conducted to assess existing CLM strategy concept materials. The consultant is strongly recommend to undertake consultation with several relevant Keys stakeholders on HIV or organization for GMT key population (e.g GWL-INA, Arus Pelangi) to gather inputs and feed back to ensuring no duplication and will work as a complementary of the existing strategies
2. Design implementation protocol or guidelines for CLM strategy among GMT population
The Design of implementation strategy or guidelines should be specify with clear methodology and tools/materials to develop recommendation that able to produce an optimal outcomes and able to scale-up.
3. Develop CLM strategy concept
Identifies the most suitable strategy for GMT population related to CLM
Time Scheduling :
The term of this work shall commence on December 1st , 2021 and shall go through December 31st , 2021
– Strong knowledge of Community Lead Monitoring Concept in Indonesia
– Minimum of 3 years relevant research/training experience in community-based health and in the field of HIV/AIDS, especially for SOGIESC and Advocacy
– A minimum of master degree in public health, Law and or related field
– A proven track record in research writing, including but not limited to at least two publication on peer review journal with impact factors greater than 2 by application. The publication should be attached in the application while applying for this task.
– Strong knowhow technical writing and very good command of writing English.
– Able to work long hours and with people from different socio-cultural background.
How to Apply :
• Interested candidates should submit a cover letter and CV ( no later than November 9th 2021, at 12.00 pm )
• Send to : email@example.com, cc to firstname.lastname@example.org
• Please Indicate “CLM Consultant” in the subject of email
• Transgender Person are highly encouraged to apply
• Only Shortlisted candidates will be notified
This announcement will be deleted on November 10th at 12 PM.